12 Low Calorie Snack IdeasJuly 23, 2019 10:34 am Comments Off on 12 Low Calorie Snack Ideas
Ever been in a rush to get out the door and couldn’t think of a healthy, low calorie snack to grab for later? Or perhaps you don’t have these in the house.
We all know how the story goes. Come 3:30pm, you get the munchies or 3:30-itis and that chocolate bar, muffin or office biscuits become too hard to resist… We’ve all been there! But done too often, poor snack choices can not only lead to poor nutrition, but extra calories manifesting on the waistline. In fact, if you simply consumed an extra 200 to 300 calories per day from unhealthy snack choices, you would be getting an extra 1,400 to 2,100 calories a week, 5,600 to 8,400 calories a month and 67,200 to 100,800 calories a year… you get the gist. In time without even realizing it, you can really stack on the weight and miss out on opportunities to provide your body with nutritious snacks.
So, you’re probably wondering what types of low calorie snacks you can have. We’ve come up with a list of snacks that are around 150 calories or less and packed with nutrition.
Try these snacking ideas!
- Medium fruit
- 150g tub no added sugar low fat yoghurt
e.g. Yoplait Zero or Danone YoPro
- Small, skim milk coffee
- 30g/5 dried apricot halves
- 95g tin tuna in spring water
- Boiled egg
- 1 slice /20-30g low fat cheese
- Vegetable sticks & 1 tablespoon dip e.g. hummus
- 75g tin legume beans e.g. 4 bean mix
- 50g / 1/3 cup Edamame beans
- 15g raw or roasted nuts
- 2 grain crackers & 1 tbsp low fat cottage cheese / Vegemite / 1 tsp peanut butter
- Protein balls